Barbecue fish is one superb and delicious delicacy but unfortunately, not too many people prepare it at home because they think it is difficult to make.
This is not true as Barbecue fish is one of the easiest things to prepare. All you need is your fish and a little mix of pepper and you are good to go.
Below is a easy recipe on how to prepare barbecue fish.
- 1 Large Tilapia Fish (you may use any other based on your preference)
- A thumb size of Ginger
- 4 Cloves of Garlic
- 7 Scotch Bonnet Peppers (Adjust accordingly)
- 1 Bulb of onion
- 2 Tomatoes
- A handful of Parsley
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 2 Chicken Seasoning cubes
- 1 tablespoon of Suya Spice
- 1/2 cup of Vegetable oil
1. Preheat the barbecue grill minutes before you start
2. Descale and wash fish, make slashes in the fish for better seasoning and set aside.
3. Secondly, blend the ginger, garlic, peppers, onions, tomatoes, parsley, green pepper, chicken seasoning cube, suya spice and vegetable oil till all is coarsely blended.
4. Mix the peppers in a bowl, Add the chopped onion, Minced garlic, Salt and 3 tbsp. vegetable oil; Stir to incorporate the mixture together
5. With gloves or well oiled hands, rub the marinade all over the fish and inside the slits as well and allow to sit for about an hour or 2.
6. Oil your grill rack and if you are using a fish grill basket, oil that as well. Place your seasoned fish in the fish grill basket and place on the grill. You can also place directly on the grill as long as it is well oiled.
7. Flip the fish multiple times in the course of grilling to ensure it cooks well which would take 30-45 minutes and pour some marinade on each side as you flip.
8. Once fish is cooked, serve it hot with the blended pepper mix (optional), extra onions, green pepper and preferably salad or fried potatoes.
This video would make it easy for you to prepare
This delicacy would be enjoyed if you have a cold better of any drink of your choice. Go ahead and try it and let us know how easy it was for you.