Ever tried the Chicken mayo salad? This recipe has got to be the best out there and you should not miss out on it. A few potatoes, chicken and salad cream are some of the most important ingredients.
Below is a recipe
- 5-7 medium Irish potatoes
- 1 kg chicken breast, diced into medium or large chunks
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1-2 seasoning cubes
- 1 tsp chilli pepper
- 1 medium white onion
- 2 medium green bell peppers
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3-5 tbsp mayonnaise (or more depending on your taste)
- 1 cup lettuce, chopped
- 7-10 sprigs of spring onions
- 2 medium carrots, chopped or grated
How to prepare
- Add butter to a non-stick pan. Pour in the minced garlic and chopped onions.
- Allow to sauté for one minute, then add the diced chunks of chicken breast, soy sauce, pepper and seasoning.
- Stir until chicken is no longer pink and well-cooked inside.
- Pour in the bell peppers, toss and turn off heat. Set aside to cool.
- Wash and peel the potatoes. Chop each into a chunk of four to six, depending on size.
- Set to boil with a pinch of salt for about 15-20 minutes.
- When the potato is firm and cooked on the inside, drain, rinse in cold water and set aside.
- In a large clean bowl, pour in chicken, a little chicken stock and potatoes.
- Toss together, allowing the potato to soak up juice from the chicken.
- Stir in mayonnaise gradually till it has fully spread around chicken and potato mix.
- Toss in spring onions, carrots and lettuce.
- For a salad, cover in cling film and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
- To roast, set in a greased casserole bowl or baking dish, cover with an aluminium foil and bake in a preheated oven at 160c for 10-15 minutes.