Chicken lo mein is quite a delicacy and the fun part of it is that your ingredients are all around you. You do not have to go out of your way buying expensive items.
Interested? Please read on.
We have a simple recipe below
- 1 pack spaghetti noodles.
- 3 tbsps low soy sauce
- 2 tbsps hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbspn light brown sugar
- 1 tbspn rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbspn oil
- 1/2kg boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 cups mixed vegetables, I used a mix of broccoli, carrots and baby corn
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ginger
- Sesame seeds, to garnish (optional)
1.Cook the noodles according to package instructions. Drain and set aside. In a small bowl combine soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar, and rice wine vinegar, set aside.
2.Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet or wok. Add chicken and cook until browned and cooked for 4-5 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a plate and set it aside.
3.Add the other tablespoon of olive oil to the wok then add the mixed vegetables and bell pepper. Sauté for 2-3 minutes or until tender.
4.Add the sauce to the pan along with the cooked chicken and cooked noodles.
5. Toss everything together and serve immediately with sesame seeds for garnish, if desired.