Wigs have always been huge lifesavers especially for women who don’t have the time to go to the hair salon. Not only are they available in different designs, textures, colors, and lengths, they are also super easy to wear and available in different price ranges.
Whether you’re using a synthetic wig or a real human hair wig, there is always the issue of how to store your wigs properly to help maintain their life span.
Well, you’re not alone in this. Wig storage might be problematic especially when you have a number of them but these few tips will help you out.
1. For short-term storage, such as a couple hours to a couple months, it’s perfect to keep your wig nicely perched on top of a wig stand or mannequin head.
2. However, for long-term storage, you need to take a few more steps.
- First off, make sure the wig is clean and untangled, using your usual methods and supplies.
- Once you verify the cleanliness of your wig, attempt to find the original plastic packaging or another approved wig container, making sure to take precautions against any crushing.
- Fold the wig in half, ear to ear, and place into the packaging. From there, make sure you keep it in an environment that is moderate in temperature and dry.
- When you’re ready to use it again, all it takes is a little maintenance!
Check out this video tutorial for more…