Gloria Oloruntobi, popularly known as Maraji gained fame after her funny videos went viral on social media. She is also one of the most influential Instagram comedians.
She has earned a large following on social media creating hilarious skits about everything from friendship to gossip to family.
Here are some things to know about her:
1. She was born on the 6th of February 1997 in Lagos though she is from Edo State.
2. She has one sister and two brothers.
3. She studied international relations at Covenant University and graduated with a 2:1.
4. It was in university she started making lip sync videos out of boredom.
5. Her journey into the world of lip-sync started where she did a Nicki Minaj song and sent it to a friend who suggested she put it online but she was reluctant due to fear of being laughed at. The friend then posted it on her behalf and that was it. The whole thing got to a new level when she did a lip-sync of Reekado Banks song “Sugar Baby” and then Korede Bello.
6. She has gotten a few nominations such as; The Future Awards Africa Nigeria Prize for Comedy, City People Music Award for Comedy Act of the Year, Nigerian Teen Choice Award for Choice Instagrammer and Nigerian Entertainment Award for Best Comedy Act (Online)
7. Her greatest fear would be to lose her mum and to lose her spirituality.
8. Her biggest achievement is the ability to make herself a public figure because she never used to be one.