Are you a writer or blogger? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to share your content with over 200,000 FabWoman readers
As you already know, Potatoes are highly nutritious and beneficial to human health.
There are so many meals that can be made from it and Potato pepper soup is one of them.
Potato Peppersoup makes a perfect meal for a cold rainy day as it is prepared spicy and hot.
Check out the recipe by All Nigerian recipes below.
Ingredients for Potato Peppersoup
- 5 medium Irish Potatoes
- 300g fresh fish (head and tail only)
- 10 medium mushrooms
- 1 red onion
- 2 habanero peppers
- 1 teaspoon ground ehu (Calabash Nutmeg)
- 1 big stock cube
- Black pepper (tiny quantity as seen in the video)
- 5 scent leaves
- 3 bay leaves (optional)
- Salt (to taste)
1.Pour a small quantity of water into a clean pot and set on the stove (medium heat). The water should just cover the bottom of the pot.
2. Add the ground ehu, black pepper and stock cube (crushed).
3. Stir and gently place the pieces of fish in the pot. Once the bottom heats up, turn the fish around so that all sides will get some heating and become tough.
4.When the fish is well heated all over, remove them from the pot and add the potatoes.
5. Add water to cover the potatoes, add the bay leaves and start cooking on high heat till the potatoes are cooked but not soft.
6. Add the mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes.
7. Add the fish (gently), the onions and habanero pepper and cook for 2 minutes.
8. Then take out the fish again and add salt to taste. Note: we add the fish, take it out, add, take it out etc so that it does not scatter.
9. Stir to make sure everything is incorporated.
10. Serve and sprinkle the scents leaves on top.
11. Enjoy it with a chilled drink.
Check out this video for more.