Breakfast is definitely the most important meal of the day and that’s why it has to be healthy and nutritious. When we think of plantain we never see it as part of our breakfast menu but that has to change.
Ripe plantain waffles are great if you need to spice up your breakfast menu. Learn how to prepare this in 9 easy steps.
1.4 large over-ripe plantain
2. 1 serving spoon of vegetable oil
3. 1 small egg, whisked
4. ½ tsp of cinnamon/ nutmeg
5. ½ tsp of vanilla
6. ½ tsp of baking soda
7. Salt to taste
1. Heat your waffle maker or sandwich maker to medium.
2. Chop your plantains and blend until smooth in a blender.
3. Add your whisked egg to the blended plantain and blend until smooth.
4. Add vegetable oil, cinnamon, vanilla, baking soda and salt to the plantain batter and blend some more.
5. Grease your waffle/sandwich maker with vegetable oil using a baking brush.
6. Pour ½ cup of plantain batter on each waffle maker, cook until the waffle is brown on both sides.
7. Repeat this process until the batter is finished. Tip: Always oil the waffle maker before pouring the batter.
8. Place waffles on a rack to cool before serving.
9. Serve your healthy waffles with a side of fruits.
Watch this video for clearer direction.