Zobo drink is a popular Nigerian beverage made from dried hibiscus leaves. It is a drink loved by both the young and old.
For those who prefer healthy alcohol free drinks, this Zobo cocktail recipe is for you.
- 2 cups zobo (hibiscus) leaves
- 1 piece of pineapple
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- Ginger cloves (Optional)
- 2 pieces of lime
How To Make Zobo Cocktail Drink
- Wash the hibiscus leaves to take out the dust and peel and cut the pineapple into chunks.
- Put the zobo leaves in a pot and pour about 6 cups of water in.
- Add the pineapple chunks and allow to boil for about a few minutes.
- Peel and chop the ginger and crush the cloves. Pour into the pot and allow it to boil for about 30 minutes. You might need to add a little water, although that,depends on how concentrated you want it.
- Remove from the cooker and add honey.
- Stir and leave it to cool, then sieve out the liquid.
- Pour the zobo into a glass and refrigerate for 1 or 2 hours.
Hurray!!! Now you can serve your iced zobo with cake slices or biscuits. You can also garnish with lime slices.