Couscous is a North African dish of small steamed granules of rolled durum wheat semolina that is traditionally served with a stew spooned on top. It is pasta made from semolina flour mixed with water.
For vegetable lovers, the vegetable couscous recipe is a great way to enjoy the meal. Also, it is garnished with ingredients that are beneficial to your health.
- 2 medium carrots
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup bell pepper (rodo)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 4 teaspoons dried basil
- Pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- Slice the celery, carrots, onion and peppers in the oil for 5-6 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add the basil, garlic salt, ground pepper, ground pepper and pepper sauce.
- Stir properly while adding the couscous.
- Add the chicken broth and allow to boil.
- Cover it, then remove it from the heat; let stand for 5-8 minutes.
- Serve as desired.