Vitamin C also known as ascorbic acid and L-ascorbic acid is a powerful antioxidant that’s essential for the growth, development, and repair of the body’s skin, bones, and blood vessels.
Since our bodies don’t produce vitamin C, we must get it from other sources, such as vitamin C-rich foods and/or dietary supplements.
Found in many skincare products amongst which are serums, Vitamin C helps brighten dull skin, diminish acne scars, even out skin tone and hydrate the skin.
Here are six affordable Vitamin C serums you can try for that glowing skin.
1. Covercoco 24KGold Luxury Ampoule Gold | N 2,770
The Covercoco 24k Vitamin C Serum provides your skin with an abundance of antioxidants to help nourish the skin and fight against the aging effects of harmful UV rays. Hyaluronic Acid Offers Effective Hydration and Anti-Aging Benefits, for a Youthful Appearance to Skin.
Fix uneven skin tone. Heal dryness on the face with intense hydration.
Skin plumping properties help reduce fine lines and wrinkles. Instantly brighter complexion. Hyaluronic Add effectively binds water to cells and is responsible for the elasticity and resiliency of the skin, which are keeping you from achieving the ultimate natural glow.
2. The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2% | N 5,990
The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%: A Water-Free, Silicone-Free Stable Suspension of vitamin C serum and hyaluronic acid to brighten and protect skin against aging by Deciem.
Vitamin C is an effective antioxidant and its pure form of L-Ascorbic Acid has been shown to reverse multiple signs of skin aging while brightening the skin when applied topically. This water-free, silicone-free serum provides 23% pure L-Ascorbic Acid which remains completely stable due to the absence of water. This Vitamin C serum is supported with the addition of dehydrated spheres of Hyaluronic Acid to offer visible surface smoothing alongside the benefits of Vitamin C. This treatment is ideally applied at bedtime.
Note: L-Ascorbic Acid is the pure form of Vitamin C and is unstable in presence of water. This formulation suspends extremely fine L-Ascorbic Acid in a silicone-free base without the use of water, maximizing topical delivery of the Vitamin C suspension.
How to use
Apply a small amount to the face in the AM or the PM (PM preferred). Avoid contact with the eyes. A tingling sensation can be expected after application. If the sensation is too strong to tolerate, the formula can be mixed on each application with other creams or serums of your preference. If irritation occurs, cease use and consult a physician. Use only as directed on unbroken skin. Patch testing prior to use is advised.
3. Dr. Rashel Vitamin C Brightening & Anti Aging Face Serum | N 2,600
DR·RASHEL Vitamin C face Serum is thin and highly effective. It will help fade sun spots & discoloration, refine skin texture, reduce wrinkle formation, and minimize existing wrinkles. It also has a highly concentrated base of pure vegan hyaluronic acid to plump skin cells and protects and restore. Brightens and smoothes skin for a more radiant and youthful complexion. Powerful antioxidants neutralize free radicals to prevent and reverse sun damage and fade sun spots and discoloration.
How to use:
1. Apply evenly to face and neck in the morning and evening, after cleansing
2. Massage in circular motions for better absorption.
4. Timeless Skincare 20% VITAMIN C + E FERULIC ACID SERUM | N 8,500
“THE BRIGHTENER” Give your skin a mega dose of Vitamin C. Our 20% Vitamin C + E + Ferulic Acid serum brightens skin, builds collagen and evens out tone. Enhanced with Vitamin E & Ferulic Acid, this serum is a great pick me up for dull, discolored and stressed skin, while providing 24/7 protection against environmental pollutants.
Our Vitamin C + Ferulic Acid provides a 20% concentration of L-ascorbic acid, a highly effective skin anti-oxidant and collagen builder. This serum promotes healthy cell turnover to decrease the effects of hyperpigmentation and evens out skin tone.
The lightweight, non-greasy formula absorbs quickly and transparently into the skin, while also being able to be added to any skincare routine. Use daily in the morning or evening to brighten, restore and help neutralize environmental stressors that can accelerate the signs of aging.
It is a common side effect due to the high concentration of L-ascorbic acid to notice mild irritation and redness, flaking of the skin, and/or even tiny red bumps. The ingredient, Vitamin E, may exacerbate an already oil prone condition. Modify the use of serum by using fewer pumps until the skin has become acclimated to it to be sure this formulation is right for you.
5. Goji Berry Anti-Aging Face Serum With Vitamin C | N 1,880
Goji berry, an exceptional ingredient with anti-power, accelerates the growth of new cells that make your skin softer and more elastics
- Natural handmade, mild, and non-irritating, suitable for all skin types
- This product is rich in medlar extract, which can quickly and effectively cleanse the skin while replenishing nutrients. This product can solve various skin problems such as pock, pimple, spots, and wrinkles, so as to make your skin refreshed and comfortable
- Rich foam removes oil, dirt, and dust from the facial skin, replenishes moisture, and soothes dry skin. It can also be used all over the body
- Deep moisturizing, hydrating, increase skin elasticity.
- Moisturizing, supplements enough nutrients for the skin to make dull skin shine.
MOISTURIZING EYE CREAM: Effectively dilute dark circles, eyes, fine lines and eliminate bags and many other problems of the eyes
FACE CREAM: The effect is better with Pair Face Cream. Hydration and revitalization of the skin for a smoother, more youthful-looking complexion
ABSORBENT FAST: Delicate, shiny texture, 3-fold effect facial cream antioxidant, moisturizing, firming skin
6. NeutriHerbs Vitamin C Serum | N7,500
The Neutriherbs Vitamin C Serum with Hyaluronic Acid combined with other amazing natural ingredients help fade sun spots, age spots, reduce discoloration, and skin pigmentation to give your skin an out-of-this-world glow. The vitamin c serum also helps reduce premature aging by boosting collagen production and protecting the skin from sun damage caused by prolonged sun exposure.
Its benefits include:
- Powerful antioxidants that protect skin from environmental stressors
- Brightens skin complexion to bring out your natural glow
- Hydrates and moisturizes
- Protects skin from untimely wrinkles that sun exposure can cause
- May help soothe sunburn.
- Fades sun spots, age spots, and acne spots to even out skin tone
- Boosts collagen to naturally lift and firm skin
- Smooth the skin’s surface to reduce dullness and give skin a youthful glow.
How to use:
1. Wash and pat skin dry.
2. Apply toner before serum (optional).
3. Apply a thin layer of serum over the desired area and allow to dry.
4. After the serum has dried, apply moisturiser to the skin.