Bimbo Oshin is a Nigerian actress, film-maker, director, producer and entrepreneur.
Here are some interesting facts about her as she turns a year older.
1. Abimbola Oshin was born on the 24th of July 1971 in Ondo town, Ondo State.
2. She is the seventh child in a family of eight.
3. She started her primary school education at St Ann’s Primary School, Oke Agunla, Ondo State before relocating to Ile-Ife in Osun State, where she completed her First Leaving School Certificate at Staff School.
4. She soon relocated to Lagos State where she had her secondary school education at the Girls Academy Lagos Island.
5.She obtained a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) degree in Philosophy from the University of Lagos.
5. Bimbo’s acting career started in the university in 1996 when she enrolled in the Ara Osan Theatre Group training under the likes of Yinka Quadri and Taiwo Hassan (Ogogo).
6. She got her first movie role in the movie ‘’Akobi’’ in 1997.
7. She featured in one of Wale Adenuga’s Super Story television series titled: “Oh Father! Oh Daughter!” in 2001.
8. She produced her first Yoruba movie titled: “Eji Owuro” and the popular soundtrack was done by popular singer Sola Allyson Obaniyi in 2003. She has also produced ”Temi Yemi” and ”Owu Iya”.
9. Bimbo however rose to prominence after starring in a 2012 Yoruba movie titled ‘Omo Elemosho’ which got 5 award nominations at the 10th Africa Movie Academy Awards.
10. She is married to movie promoter, Ola Ibironke of Dudu Heritage fame, and their union is blessed with 2 children ( a boy and a girl).
11.In 2015, she bagged a Lux campaign deal with Unilever alongside some of her colleagues.
12. She was nominated in the YMAA Best Actress in a Lead Role in 2014. In 2016, she was honoured with an Icon Category Award at the 2016 Afro-Heritage Broadcasting and Entertainment and Awards.
13. She launched her clothing brand ”Dashing By Bimbo Oshin” in 2018.
14. She is best friends with fellow actress, Jaiye Kuti