Food is about to get creative and interesting with carrot fufu.
This may sound new but if you are on a low carb diet, then this is just for you.
Carrot Fufu is a colourful, low carb fufu meal made from carrots.
It is very easy and affordable to prepare and you can enjoy it with any sou of your choice.
ALSO READ: How To Prepare Healthy Potato Fufu
We want you to try something new in your kitchen this week by following these steps to make your carrot fufu.
1.10 small carrots
2.1/2 teaspoon of Psyllium Husk or Xanthan Gum
Note: You should note that carrot fufu prepared with psyllium husk has the texture of eba while carrot fufu prepared with xanthan gum has the texture of semolina or semovita. For larger quantities, you can scale up the quantities of the ingredients.
- Trim the shoots of the carrots and cut off any dark marks. If your carrots are too muddy, scrape them.
- Grate the carrots.
- Blend with as little water as possible and pour into a muslin bag or a chiffon cloth to remove the water. Save the water.
- Wringe the chiffon cloth till there’s no water in the carrot pulp.
- Put the carrot pulp into a pot on medium heat. Then start stirring.
- When it heats up, check the time and continue stirring for 5 minutes. Add some of the water that came from the carrot if you notice it drying up and continue stirring.
- After 5 minutes, add the psyllium husk or xanthan gum and continue stirring for 2 more minutes or till a moldable dough is formed.
- Add a bit of the juice again, cover and cook for half a minute.
- Mix again till well combined.
- Wrap with a plastic film to keep it moldable.
Watch video below for more details