Are you a writer or blogger? Email email@example.com to share your content with over 200,000 FabWoman readers
Many of us are very familiar with the food recipes from the Western, Eastern and Southern parts of Nigeria. Yet when it comes to food recipes from the North not much comes to mind.
Northern Nigerians have a number of delicious and nourishing food recipes and one of these is Dan wake.
Danwake or Bean flour dumplings is a staple meal in most northern Nigerian homes. Here’s how you can make it from the comfort of your kitchen.
- Dan wake flour
- Grounded dry pepper
- Groundnut oil
- Carrots and cabbages (the vegetables are optional)
Steps to prepare Dan wake
- First of all, you mix the Dan wake flour with a little water to make a thick paste.
- When you are done with making the paste, boil water in a pot and proceed to the next level.
- When the water starts to boil, keep forming the paste into small balls and throwing them into the boiling water. Allow them to boil for about 10mins(the balls will rise to the top when they are done).
- You then strain all the water and rinse with cold water once.
- Strain and turn it into a plate.
- Sprinkle some already fried veg/oil and some yaji(dried pounded chili pepper mixed with some spices).
Danwake is usually served with ground cayenne pepper, which is also called (yaji), you can also use Suya Pepper alternatively and choice vegetables.
Check out this video tutorial for more clarity