Editan leaf is a common vegetable in Nigeria. It is commonly used to prepare the popular Editan soup.
Also known as Atama leaf in Igbo, Editan leaf is native to the South-South region of Nigeria.
Editan leaf is packed full of benefits such as fiber and vitamins including A, B, C, E, Folic acid, and minerals such as iron and calcium.
Here are some of its benefits.
1. Editan leaf is effective in treating anemia and lack of iron.
2. It is great for diabetics as it helps control blood sugar levels.
3. It aids digestion and relieves constipation by acting as a laxative.
4. It is known to promote the healing of wounds.
5. Editan leaf helps to boost infertility by increasing ovulation.
6. It has high dietary fiber content which aids weight loss and improves metabolism.
7. It is proven to aid in treating ulcers.
8. It serves as a great addition to your diet.