Are you a writer or blogger? Email email@example.com to share your content with over 200,000 FabWoman readers
It is really embarrassing for women to wear short skirts or sleeveless dresses with black knees and elbows. Black knees and elbows can happen to any person regardless of the color of their skin.
Getting too much sun and not exfoliating your skin add to the darkening of the skin. You can easily get rid of these dark knees and elbows using various home remedies.
1. Baking Soda
Baking soda is very effective in cleaning the skin and reduces darkening of the skin. Milk bleaches and cleanses the skin
- Take one tablespoon of baking soda and mix it with milk
- Apply this paste on knees and elbows and scrub it using a circular motion.
- Repeat the remedy once every two days. Repeat until you notice changes in the color.
2. Turmeric , Honey And Milk
Turmeric has antiseptic properties and milk act as bleach. Honey moisturizes the dry skin and also has antiseptic properties. These natural properties of the ingredients will help to get rid of black elbows and knees.
- Mix some turmeric with milk and honey to make it a smooth paste
- Apply it on the dark areas and leave it there for at least 20 minutes
- Wet your hands and rub it for 2 minutes and then wash it off with water.
3. Sugar And Olive Oil
The sugar present in this home remedy work as exfoliate and the olive oil will moisturize the skin.
- Mix equal quantities of olive oil and sugar to make a thick paste
- Apply this mix on to the black knees and elbow
- Rub the skin using this mixture for about five minutes.
- Wash using mild soap and water
4. Lemon And Honey
Lemon juice has natural bleaching property and honey moisturizes the skin preventing darkening of the skin. Repeat this remedy at least thrice a week to get better results
- Take the juice of one lemon and mix it with one tablespoon of honey
- Apply the mixture of lemon and honey on the affected areas and leave the mixture to act for at least 20 minutes
- Wash the mixture off with water to get the lightened skin
5. Flour And Lemon
Flour can cleanse the area and also provides mild exfoliation. Lemon is a natural bleach and this will help to reduce the darkness.
- Add some lime juice to gram flour to make it damp
- Apply the mixture and rub in circular motion, allow it to dry and wash it off to get light colored skin.
6. Olive Oil
This oil has natural bleaching properties and it also softens the rough skin on the knees and elbow giving it smoothness and glow. This is one of the cheapest remedy for dark skin formed by friction and dryness.
- Rub warm olive oil to the knees and elbows every day for 10 minutes
7. Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe Vera reduces the sun damage caused to the skin due to overexposure of the elbows and knees to the sun. It also moisturizes the skin and prevents dryness which may lead to the darkening of the skin.
- Take fresh leaves of Aloe Vera and take out the gel by breaking the fleshy leaf.
- Apply the fresh gel to the knees and elbows and leave it for half an hour to get fresh looking skin on your elbows and knees.