Love your fried chicken crunchy and spicy? Why not take a look at our easy and delicious crunchy fried chicken recipe below and you’d love it for sure.
We have an amazing below
- 1.5 kg chicken (preferably legs and thighs)
- 2 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsps sweet paprika
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 4 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- Coarse salt, to taste
- Ground pepper, to taste
How to prepare
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Use aluminium foil to line a large-rimmed baking sheet. Place a wire rack over a second baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, buttermilk, salt and pepper. Set aside to marinate.
- In another large bowl, whisk together flour, paprika, chopped rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Remove chicken from buttermilk a few pieces at a time and roll in the flour mixture. Shake off the excess and transfer to the sheet lined with foil. Coat the chicken again evenly with flour and return to the sheet.
- In a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat, heat vegetable oil and rosemary sprigs.
- When the sprigs start to sizzle, remove and discard.
- Fry chicken in three batches, for about five minutes on each side, until golden brown. Transfer to the prepared rack.
- Divide chicken between two racks over baking sheets and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Leave to cool for five minutes before serving.