How To Use Coconut Oil To Treat Insect Bites
Coconut oil is found to be great for insect bites because of several reasons. Coconut oil is an amazing anti-inflammatory agent thus helping with inflammation of the bite. It is also a great anti-microbial agent thus preventing the spread of infection of the bite. Coconut oil can also be used as an effective insect repellant thus preventing insect bite altogether!
These are the miracles coconut oil can do to your skin:
- Heal cuts and bruises
- Somebody scars do not heal properly and never actually fade away. Coconut oil helps in lighting even stubborn scars
- Pregnant women and athletes can avoid stretch marks by regularly using coconut oil on the desired areas
- Insect bites – mosquito bites, ant bites, and other similar insect bites will heal better, with less pain and itching with coconut oil
- Warts and mole growth can be controlled
For Insect Bites
1. It has anti-microbial properties
Insects are carriers of bacteria and viruses and are known to cause many diseases. Through bites and stings, the insect can transmit the disease-causing microbe inside the skin and blood, and cause infections.
Applying coconut oil is beneficial in preventing such infections as it is known to be inhibitory against various species of microbes.
It has a strong anti-microbial nature, which helps in suppressing the growth of various bacteria, fungi, and viruses.
2. Insect Repellent
Coconut oil-based formulations are found to be effective against mosquito bites from Aedes and Anopheles mosquitoes that cause various diseases.