Mayonnaise Works Wonders For Hair And Here’s How You Can Use It
If you are looking for a natural source of protein for your hair, mayonnaise might just be the best option. Mayonnaise can help you achieve softer, shinier and smoother hair.
It contains some healthy ingredients like lemon juice, vinegar and soybean oil which contain fatty acids and vitamins that can boost shine and act to seal in moisture.
Here’s how you can use mayonnaise as a hair treatment
- Purchase some mayonnaise at your local grocery store. It doesn’t matter which brand you choose, just as long as it is regular mayonnaise.
- Prep your hair using warm water to get it nice and damp, but not soaking wet.
- Scoop some mayonnaise out of the jar and start rubbing it through your hair like you would a conditioner. The amount that you are going to use really depends on the length and thickness of your hair. Feel free to lather on the amount that you feel most comfortable with.
- Wrap your head of hair with a plastic wrap, a plastic bag, or shower cap to trap the heat inside. Heat opens the pores and allows the treatment to penetrate strands further and thus work better.
- Let the treatment sit on the hair for at least 20 minutes. You can let it sit longer depending on how damaged your hair already is.
- Wash the mayonnaise out. This is most easily done in the shower using a diluted shampoo.
Check out this video tutorial from CurlyCurvyGirlTV for more details