Ex Beauty Queen, entrepreneur and model, Omowunmi Akinnifesi recently shared her views about being in an abusive relationship.
The beautiful entrepreneur posted on her Instagram handle 14 questions single women should answer about their partners before they go ahead with the marriage.
Here’s what she wrote;
”I’ve been hearing a lot about domestic violence lately. Well I’ve done my research with several friends I personally know who have suffered this. It’s not easy to know which partner would do what but somehow it’s in your spirit.You know there is a slight possibility that this man may……..react harshly. And when in a marriage reacting harshly can turn to something else diff from when you are dating. In the marriage the men often feel like they have nothing to lose. “She would stay,” they tell themselves. Well ladies from my many questions (if you know me well u’ll know me and questions) here are somethings you should consider in my opinion. It’s def not limited to these:
1) Are you afraid of your partner
2) Do you feel isolated? Does he cut you off from family and friends?
3) Does he avoid you spending time with his family. (Just in case they tell you about the real him)
4) Does he humiliate and insult you?
5) Does he say abusive or threatening things to you?
6) Does he say you are useless and couldn’t cope without him
7) Has he threatened to hurt you or people close to you?
8) Does he constantly criticise you?
Does he have sudden changes in mood which dominates the household?
Is he charming one minute, abusive the next
9) Does he control your money?
10) Do you feel dominated and controlled?
11) Do you change your behaviour to avoid triggering an attack
12) Are you unsure if your own judgement?
13) Does he have road rage?
14) After road rage dies he go on and on and on about what just happened. Esp something minor.