This homemade onion rings recipe is the truth.
Onion adds flavor to all dishes. Asides from the fact that it adds flavor to food, it also has a lot of nutritional benefits.
You can do so much more with onions, starting with this onion rings recipe.
Onion rings are a simple yet delicious recipe that you shouldn’t hesitate to try. Each bite is an explosion of flavors in your mouth.
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 2 eggs, whisked
- ¼ cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp of salt
- 2 tsp of cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 3 serving spoons of vegetable oil.
1. Arrange your sliced onions neatly on a baking sheet and separate them into rings.
2. In a bowl, combine your flour, salt, pepper, sugar, and garlic powder.
3. Pour vegetable oil into a frying pan and place on medium heat
4. Dip your onion rings into the flour mix, roll, and ensure all sides are covered.
5. Then dip each flour-coated onion ring in the whisked egg.
6. Fry the coated onions in heated vegetable oil until golden brown.
7. Drain excess oil by placing the onion rings on paper towels.
8. Onion rings are best enjoyed with mayo dips or pepper sauces.
Watch this video for more directions.