Akara is a popular meal made from beans.
The difference with this recipe, however, is that we give it an entirely different shape- the onion rings form.
Curious? Please read on!
Below is an easy recipe on how to prepare it.
- 1 cup(s) Beans Flour 900 g
- 2 pc(s) Onions Rings
- 1 teaspoon(s) Dry Pepper 100 g
- 1 teaspoon(s) Salt 250 g
- 6 pc(s) Parsley (Optional)
- 2 cup(s) Vegetable Oil 1 L
How to prepare
- Slice the onions into rings and set aside. Also, chop the parsley leaves.
- In a bowl, mix the beans flour in water as instructed on the product pack in order to achieve the perfect consistency. Whip the mixture to become light and fluffy.
- Season with chili as desired. Add salt to taste and continue to whip.
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan. Transfer some portion of the paste in another bowl, add the parsley (optional) and mix. Dip the onions rig into the bowl and allow it to be coated properly. Continue this process for the other rings until there is no paste remaining.
- Fry each ring in the oil until golden brown and drain off on kitchen paper.
- Serve warm.