For her services to Community Nursing, Children and Families, Ruth Oshikanlu has been appointed as a member of the order of the British Empire (MBE) in the New Year 2019 Honours List.
Ruth is an award-winning pregnancy mindset expert, a nurse, midwife and health visitor with over 25 years experience practising in the United Kingdom.
Growing up, Ruth’s father wanted her to become a doctor but she knew that wasn’t her calling, so, she went on to qualify as a midwife. After a thorough grounding in the National Health Service and hospital environment, she decided to focus on community midwifery, helping women to have their babies their way.
Oshikanlu, who is a parenting expert, Queen’s nurse, midwife and health visitor with over 22 years experience, runs Ruth’s parenting centres on beginning the bonding process in the womb.
She is also the author of Tune Into Your Baby: Because Babies Don’t Come with An Instruction Manual, and has developed the Tune Into Your Baby™ approach.
The approach is a holistic parenting programme that equips you to harness the power of your mind along with connecting with your baby in utero to get the desired outcome of becoming a happy and connected mother of a happy and connected baby.
She enables pregnant women to have a stress-free pregnancy, become serene and soulful as they grow a happy soul within them. She also equips mothers with a template that they use for the rest of their parenting journey.
Oshikanlu is also the founding director of Goal Mind, a coaching consultancy that specialises in improving personal performance at work by uncovering employee motivations.
Ruth’s work has earned her numerous health and business awards including:
- Fellow of The Royal College of Nursing
- Fellow of The Institute of Health Visiting
- The Queen’s Nursing Institute’s Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother Award for Outstanding Service to Community Nursing
- Recognition Award – Nigerian Nurses Association UK (June 2017)
- Recognition Award – Women4Africa 2017 Awards (May 2017)
- The Nigerian Achievers Awards – Outstanding Entrepreneur Award
- Named on The Nursing Times Leaders List in 2015
- Named on The HSJ BME Pioneer List in 2014