Simisola Bolatito Ogunleye simply known as Simi is one of the top female musicians in Nigeria.
Simi warmed her way into the hearts of Nigerians with her soulful renditions and sultry voice. Her career came into the spotlight in 2014 after she released “Tiff” and afterwards there’s been no going back.
Other popular songs from her include “Jamb Question”, “Smile for Me” and “Joromi”.
Simi was born on April 19th, 1988 and to celebrate her 31st birthday, we’re sharing 8 things you should know about her.
1. Simisola is an indigene of Ondo State and was raised by a single mother in Surulere, Lagos.
2. She started singing at the age of 8 and wrote her first song at 10.
3. As a child, she wanted to be a lawyer and later an on-air personality.
4. Gospel music was the first niche she delved into before switching to Afropop.
5. She holds a Degree in Mass Communications from Covenant University.
6. Asides her singing skills, Simi also works as a sound engineer and is responsible for the engineering on some of Adekunle Gold’s albums.
7. Simi is a huge supporter of the Manchester United Club and this is not surprising because she was a tomboy in her younger day.
8. She married co-star, Adekunle Gold in January 2019.