Spaghetti Bolognese is a great Italian recipe that is so easy to cook! Not only this; the meal is extremely delicious.
Want to know how to prepare it? Simply follow the instructions below:
- 2 medium onions, peeled and chopped
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 500g lean minced beef
- 90g mushrooms, sliced
- 1tsp dried oregano or mixed herbs
- 400g can tomatoes or chopped tomatoes
- 300ml hot beef stock
- 1tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- salt and ground black pepper
- 350g spaghetti
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- Slice the onion and pour the oil into a large pan and fry over a fairly high heat for 3-4 mins.
- Add garlic and mince; fry until they both brown. Also add the mushrooms and herbs, and cook for another couple of mins.
- Stir in the tomatoes, beef stock, tomato ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and seasoning. Let them boil, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 30 mins.
- Start cooking the spaghetti in a large pan of boiling, salted water, depending on the instructions on the pack.
- Drain spaghetti well, pour hot water through it, and then put it back in the pan and add some olive oil (not compulsory)
- Stir in the meat sauce. Serve in hot bowls and hand round Parmesan cheese, for sprinkling on top.
For more visual instructions, watch the video on how to cook Spaghetti Bolognese below: