A tea rinse is done by pouring a cup of tea, commonly green or black, over the hair. Most commonly, tea rinses are used to reduce shedding or stimulate hair growth.
The caffeine in the tea penetrates the hair follicles. The process is just like brewing tea you would drink. Bring water to just about boiling, add 1-2 tea bags and remove from the heat until it is cool.
Remove the tea bags, and then pour the tea into a spray bottle. Then you can spray your scalp and hair, cover with a plastic cap and let it sit for about 30-45 minutes.
Below are some amazing benefits of tea rinse for natural hair.
1. Stimulate Growth
2. Increased hair rate from caffeine.
3. Reduced shedding, again another great side effect of the caffeine.
4. Some teas are natural astringents that dissolve excess oils on your scalp which means less dandruff.
5. Some tea rinses restore or brighten your hair color.
6. Along with the reduced shedding, there have been some reports from women who claim that tea rinses also stop breakage dead.
Confused on how to use tea for your hair? Not to worry. This video will put you through.