Who says there are no other ways to make moi moi than to cook? If you are a fan of baked goods, why not bake your next batch of moimoi and see how yummy it comes out.
Below is an easy recipe on how to bake moimoi
- 350g black eyed beans
- 1 habanero pepper
- 1 big red bell pepper
- 2 stock cubes
- 2 cooking spoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon ground crayfish
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 onion
- Salt (to taste)
- Warm water (for grinding and mixing)
- Set your oven to 200°C, 390F or Gas Mark 6 to preheat. Set it to bake that is, top and down heating.
- Rub vegetable oil in the muffin cups.
- Pour the Moi Moi mix into the muffin cups.
- Cover with aluminium foil and fold the foil into the sides of the muffin cup. This aluminium foil prevents the Moi Moi from drying up.
- Pour some water in the oven tray and place the muffin tray with the Moi Moi mix in the tray.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes. Check it from time to time to ensure there is always water in the oven tray. If it looks like it is drying up, top up the water.
- When done, leave to cool down completely and bring them out from the muffin cups.
We have this video which will educate you more