Are you a writer or blogger? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to share your content with over 200,000 FabWoman readers
Beni seed soup also known as sesame seed soup is popular among the south-south and middle belt tribes in Nigeria.
Its appearance is very similar to that of egusi soup, but it tastes quite different.
It is made from sesame seeds which are very nutritious. They also aid digestion and help lower cholesterol in the body.
They contain vitamins, minerals, and natural oils that aid in blood pressure management, bone health, diabetes management, skin, and hair health and a host of other benefits.
If you are in search of healthy and delicious soup, the beniseed soup is perfect.
Here is how to prepare it.
-A Cup of Sesame Seeds
-1 cup of blended red bell pepper, tomato and scotch bonnet pepper mix.
-One large bulb of Onion
-7 pieces of Beef
-5 Pieces of Kpomo (Cow Skin)
-1/2 cup of Crayfish pieces
- Seasoning cubes
-1 tablespoon of Crayfish powder
-A handful of chopped Bitter leaves
-Chopped Uziza leaves
-1 handful of chopped scent leaves
-2 cooking spoons of Palm Oil
- Wash, season and boil your meats and set aside.
2. Pour your sesame seeds into a pot and stir fry for 1-2 minutes.
3. Blend the sesame seeds till a powder texture is achieved.
4. In a separate pot, heat up the palm oil, fry your chopped onions and tomato-pepper mix.
5. Add your seasoning and crayfish powder and allow to simmer for a few minutes.
6. To the sauce, add your meats and crayfish pieces and stir.
7. Pour in your blended sesame seeds and stir into the sauce.
8. Finally, add in your chopped bitter leaves, uziza and scent leaves.
Serve your beniseed soup with any swallow of your choice.
Watch this video as a guide.