One of the major ways to define any culture is food recipes. Africans are known to have delicious food recipes and we wouldn’t mind exploring them with you. One of the recipes we’ll be looking at on today’s post is from South Africa and it’s called Chakalaka. It’s one of the major meals in South Africa and it’s known for its delicious taste.
Youtuber, Sisi Yemmie lets us in on her recipe for Chakalaka. You might want to try something new this weekend by making this spicy and yummy meal in your kitchen. Below are the ingredients and steps you need to make yours.
- Cut peppers, onions & tomatoes into little cubes, peel and grate carrots, grate/chop garlic and ginger into byte sizes.
- In a pan, heat up Vegetable oil, add onion and allow to saute, add garlic and ginger, stir for 2 minutes
- Add Curry, green and red peppers and fry for 2 more minutes.
- Add carrots and fry for another minute
- Add chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, salt, Cameroon pepper and combine.
- Allow cooking for 3 minutes while stirring frequently.
- Add Baked beans, and combine.
- Leave it on the cooker for a minute or two before turning it off.
Watch this video below for directions: