Are you a writer or blogger? Email email@example.com to share your content with over 200,000 FabWoman readers
Kiki Omeili is a doctor turned actress and presenter who has become an household name in Nollywood.
Here is a profile on her as she turns a year older.
Early life and Education
Nkiruka ‘Kiki’ Omeili was born on May 30 and she is the second of four children. She hails from Nimo in Anambra State but was born and bred in Lagos state.
Her Father retired as a general manager of First Bank, while her mother was the Controller of Prisons in Ibadan, Oyo State, Nigeria.
She had her primary and secondary education in Lagos state before proceeding to University of Lagos where she bagged a degree in Medicine in 2006.
Omeili performed in stage plays from her childhood days.
She was a member of the drama club in the university where she acted in various productions as well as taking part in several drama competitions.
Her journey into acting began in 2011 when she played a lead role in TV series ‘Behind the Smile’.
She starred in her debut feature film ‘Married But Living Single’ in 2012.
It was however her role as ‘Lovette’ in popular series ‘Lekki Wives’ that shot her into limelight in 2013.
She made her debut as a movie producer in May 2016 with her feature film,’Unprotected’ based on true events as a medical student.
Asides from acting, she was the host of Dance reality TV show “Dance 234” in 2011.
Omeili also hosts the health segment on Smooth FM’s Saturday morning radio show called “Balancing Life” and writes numerous articles in online blogs.
She began production of her debut full-length feature film, Run, in 2018 and it hit the cinemas in 2019.
Awards and recognition
- ‘Best Actress Award’ (Supporting Role in an English language film)’ at the 17th African Film Awards (formerly known as the Afro Hollywood Awards) in London in 2012.
- Top 25 New Faces of Nollywood by Nigerian Entertainment Today (NET) Newspaper and Nigerian tabloid newspaper ‘The Sun’ as one of Nollywood’s fastest rising stars in 2014.
- Best Supporting Actress for her role in the Movie ‘Sting’ at the 2015 Global Icons Academy Movie Awards (GIAMA),held in the USA.
- Best Supporting Actress of the Year Award at the 2016 City People Entertainment Awards in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Best Lead Actress in a Short Film at the Berlin 2016 Film Fest International Awards for her role in the film, Deluded.
- Best Actress English ‘Lagos 30 under 40 Awards’ in 2016
- Unveiled as Festival Ambassador at the 2017 Real-time film festival in recognition of her contribution to the Nigerian film industry.
- Best-supporting-actress award at the World Music and Independent Film Festival for her role in the movie 3Some in 2018.