Face masks are a good way to rejuvenate the skin. They are treats we should be feeding our skin once or twice a week to make sure that it always looks supple and well-rested.
Here are four very effective face masks that can be made from things you already have in your kitchen or you can easily buy.
You can modify any of these to suit your skin’s needs but they are just as effective this way.
1. Banana Face Mask
Bananas are a superfood that you can use for a variety of things. From making smoothies and shakes to hair masks, as enjoyable snacks and so on. It can also be used for a very active face mask that helps to brighten and moisturise the skin.
- Cut up the banana
- Mash or blend it
- Slather it on a freshly washed face and leave it on for 15 minutes
- Wipe it off with a damp towel and splash cold water on your face
2. Oatmeal Face Mask
Oatmeal has soothing and antioxidant properties and it can help to calm a reddened or stressed skin. It is the perfect mask that can help you relax on a quiet Friday night in.
- Mix the oatmeal with a little water and make a paste
- Spread it over your face
- Leave it for 20 minutes or until it dries
- Wipe it off gently with a towel that has been dipped in warm water
- Splash cold water to close pores
3. Honey Face Mask
Honey is a natural humectant that helps to draw moisture into the skin. It also helps to brighten the complexion and it is effective in slowly fading acne scars. It is gentle enough to use more than once a week. However, ensure that you use the mask at night time.
- Slather honey on dry freshly washed skin
- Leave it on your face for 20 minutes or until it dries
- Rinse off with cold water
- If you have very dry skin, you can moisturise, honey can serve as a moisturiser so you don’t need to moisturise after using this mask
4.Aloe Vera Mask
Aloe vera is very hydrating and healing to the skin. It gently sloughs off dead skin and helps in adding moisture to the skin. It also improves the elasticity of the skin, thereby making you look younger.
- Skin an aloe vera and take out the clear part that
- Mash the clear part or blend it
- Slather it on your freshly washed face and make a thick layer (it is very bitter so be careful and don’t allow it to enter your mouth)
- Wait until it dries and rinse off gently with a water