How To Relocate To Canada Via The Express Entry Program

In recent times, there has been a great number of Nigerians who have migrated to Canada for obvious reasons.

The current situation in the country (EndSARS) also saw a lot of Nigerians looking for ways to relocate.

If you have also been considering relocating to Canada, then the information in this article is what you need.

The fastest program to achieve this goal is the Canadian Express Entry Program which seeks to attract skilled workers to join the Canadian economy.

Read: Want To Have Your Baby Abroad? Here Are 6 Important Things You Should Know

The program is based on a points-based system where candidates from all over the world enter into a pool once they complete their express entry profiles.

You only enter the pool once you complete your express entry profile and that requires two things:

1) Taking and passing the IELTS test.
2) Completing your Educational Certificate Assessment (ECA)

Those who meet or surpass the cut off points are invited to apply for permanent residence in monthly batches (each batch could see between 3,000 – 5000 being invited from around the world).

This stage is called the ITA stage (Invitation to apply).

There are two methods of relocating to Canada under the express entry:

1) Federal – with this method the permanent residency award isn’t tied to any province. This means you are free to live anywhere you want in Canada. Canada has about 6 regions and 10 provinces (very large states).
Those who would typically qualify for this method will need to have much higher points than those who use the Provincial method. A candidate with a CRS score of 450 is almost certain to get the invitation to apply for PR in the next batch.

2) Provincial – those with lower CRS points for express entry typically use this method. A candidate with a score of below 400 will stand a better chance.

You can get more information about how to apply to travel, study, work, or immigrate to Canada, apply for citizenship, a permanent resident card, or refugee protection on the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website.

Related Articles

Join the conversation. Post a comment

Already have an account? Click here to login and post comment