Dark knuckles can be such a pain in the you-know-where. It can keep you from flaunting your beautiful nails and even wanting to shake people. Some women don’t even share their engagement pictures because of the state of their knuckles.
Some people think that if your knuckles are dark, it is because you must have been bleaching your skin, while this is true, it is not always the case. It could be genetic or naturally like that.
Here are 4 remedies or ways to naturally lighten your dark knuckles. While they might not work after the first try, using it repetitively would show results in due time.
1. Milk and Turmeric Mixture
Turmeric is a very powerful herb that contains beta-carotene. Beta-carotene has unique lightening and spot removing properties. Milk, on the other hand, contains lactic acid which has moisturizing and slightly bleaching qualities.
The combination of these two ingredients can be very powerful in reducing and fading dark knuckles.
- Mix turmeric powder in milk and make a paste
- Rub the mixture on all your knuckles and leave it for 30 minutes or till it dries.
- Rinse off the mixture and moisturize your hands
- Repeat this four times a week to see a difference.
2. Lemon and Sugar Scrub
Lemon helps to fade dark spots but it can make the skin very sensitive so make sure that you do this at night or when you are sure you won’t go out into the sun. To do this:
- Squeeze some lemon water into a tablespoon
- Mix in some sugar, preferably brown
- Scrub your knuckles with it and leave the mixture on for 15 minutes. Make sure you don’t sleep off if not ants will be your friend.
- Rinse off and moisturize your hands.
3. Honey and Lime Mix
Honey has immense hydrating and brightening qualities and can help to effectively lighten your knuckles. The mixture of it with lime makes it a powerful remedy for dark knuckles. Here is how to use this mixture.
- Squeeze honey into a tablespoon
- Add a teaspoon of honey.
- Rub this on all your knuckles and leave the mixture on till it dries or for 30 minutes.
- Moisturize your hands after this.
- Repeat at least 3 times a week
4. Baking soda solution
Baking soda is one of those ingredients that every woman should have in her house. It can be used for a variety of things. For skin, hair, household cleaning, cooking, and many more. Here is how to use baking soda to lighten your knuckles.
- Mix a teaspoon of baking soda and water to make a solution.
- Rub it on all your knuckles and keep it there for at least 15 minutes.
- Wash off or wipe off with a damp towel.
- Moisturize your hands.