Tiger nuts popularly known as Ofio in Nigeria has so many health benefits. They contain a number of vitamins, are rich in fiber and help to aid digestion and bowel movements.
It has also been proven to increase fertility so if you are currently TTC(Trying to conceive), you should drink more of it.
It also increases sex drive and serves as a good aphrodisiac.
These nuts can be eaten fresh, dried or used to make meals and beverages.
Today we share with you how to make tiger nut milk which is highly nutritious and beneficial to the human body.
- 1 cup tiger nut (soaked overnight)
- 4 cups of water
- 6 dates – to sweeten
- ½ fresh coconut – to increase creaminess
STEPS TO MAKE TIGER NUT MILK
- Rinse and soak tiger nuts in water overnight
- Drain soaked nuts and pour into a blender.
- Add your dates and coconut and 4 cups of water then blend
- Place a sieve bag (the same type used for pap) over a large bowl and pour the blended almond.
- Squeeze the bottom of the bag to release the milk
- Pour into a jar and store in the fridge
Check out this detailed video tutorial from All Nigerian Foods…