Plantain is one of the food items most enjoyed on this side of Africa. Almost everyone is a fan of plantain. We just found a new recipe you can make with plantain that would make your family happy, it’s the Plantain Fufu.
Plantain Fufu is basically a solid meal or swallows (as we call it in West Africa) made from unripe plantains.
Plantains are grain-free and gluten-free and they are a good source of Magnesium, Calcium, and many other nutrients.
This recipe can also be made using plantain flour – which is a flour made by drying the green plantains and grinding it into a fine powder. It is very simple and easy to make.
Here’s the recipe.
1.Unripe Plantains (green plantains)
- Wash the unripe plantains
- Peel and cut the plantain into small pieces, place into a blender and blend with very little water
- After you’ve blended the plantain smoothly, pour the mix into a pot.
- Put the pot on heat and start stirring the plantain. The plantain starts to thicken and form solid. If need be, add a little water to get the consistency you want but it usually does not require extra water.
- It is ready to eat. Serve with soup like Ogbono, Okro, Efo Riro, Egusi, or any soup of choice.
Watch this video for more directions